Wednesday 24 December 2008

'Twas the night before Christmas

And I'm spending it at 5 live. The photograph above is of the trees outside the Westfield, that massive shopping arcade which has just opened opposite Television Centre. I went there yesterday to buy some dinner, and after walking for about half an hour found myself in Waitrose. I bought some sushi, green tea and a flapjack and then walked the half hour back. I can report that it was all quite busy, and nothing was closing down.

When I agreed to do the show tonight I had no idea I'd be missing the kids so much. I haven't seen my older daughter for 2 days now, and whilst I was driving in to work this evening she was with her sister at a crib service, both dressed as angels. I called up this evening and she proudly informed me she'd put out a mince pie and a carrot for Father Christmas and Rudolph along with "a glass of milk and a glass of water", an evening combination she's partial to.

The show tonight finishes at 0030, which means half an hour's more sleep than usual before they both wake up. The subjects under discussion tonight include Christmas, Christmas TV and which is the best religion. I hope my mood improves as I don't feel too up for it at the moment. Thankfully I'm not working Christmas Day, which was a tough call as the money would have seen us well into January, but I've done it for the last 2 or 3 years and it felt right to give it a miss this time.

Happy Christmas everyone, thanks for taking the trouble to read this blog. I'll probably shut down for a bit until the New Year, but if you're a 5 listener I'll be doing breakfast next weekend. All the best.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment